One Year Bible

The One-Year Bible reading blog... join us as we journey through God's Word this year and see His activity in our lives.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Getting What You Need...


(Exodus 33:17) "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."

Did you know that because you have trusted in Christ and that He knows you personally, you have access to Him through prayer? I think too often we walk through life needlessly barren of necessities or even desires because we don't ask God. Moses found himself set between an unruly people and a holy God. If you have ever tried to make a difference for Jesus in our world, you know how tough that can be.

Moses started pitching his tent outside the camp where he would meet God. God would come down in the cloud and talk to him face to face. On one occasion Moses needed the visible presence of God on a regular basis in order to lead the Israelites. God's response was typical... 'ok.. because you and I are okay and that I know you... you got it Moses!'

What do you need from God in order to accomplish His purposes for your life? Have you fallen prey to being presumptive with the sovereignty of God? Go to God, lay it out before Him. He may very well tell you '_______ (your name) you got it!' Do you know why He answers prayer like that? It's because you please Him by trusting Him. Hebrews 11:6 tells us 'without faith it is impossible to please Him.' Jesus said 'I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me...'

Our knowledge of Him begins with faith, believing He is and rewards us when we seek Him. If you need something today, pause right now, declare your trust in Him and ask... Listen for Him to say "________ you got it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

OneYearBibleOnline

OneYearBibleOnline
OneYearBibleOnine